So, Jared and I have been trying to get Jack to go to sleep without our help - It's not been easy. The first night he cried for almost an hour and a half. We DID go check on him every few minutes or so, but then we started hearing thumping. That's weird -It couldn't have been coming from Jack's room! Oh, but yes, it WAS coming from his room! He had sat himself right up and was hitting his little head on the side of the crib!! What was my poor sweet baby doing? Was he so frustrated that he had to inflict pain upon himself? What's so crazy is that he's only sat up on his own a couple of times before this, so it was really surprising to us! We had to keep ourselves from laughing.... (and crying). Anyway, the next night he did the same thing - crying and then thumping his head. I started getting worried. The next day for his nap I didn't want to undo the progress we had made (WERE we making progress?... it's hard to say), and so I laid him down again in his crib awake. This time he cried for only about 10-15 min. (That's progress, right?) Before I checked on him I wanted to make sure he was REALLY asleep so I waited another 10 minutes or so. When I walked in the room, this is what I found...
SO funny, but I also felt bad for him. How could that be comfortable? And how can you fall asleep like that? I had to snap a couple photo's before I moved him into a more comfortable position - what a mean mommy. :)
2 comments:
Oncew Syd starting sitting up herself she did the same thing- head thumping and falling asleep in weird half sitting positions. She turned out okay. Wild woman... but okay!
Madyson sleeps like this 80 percent of the time, she is so flexible and loves it, if you move her so goes right back. They would move themselves if they really hatd it. But they are much momre flexible than we are.
Post a Comment