Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Squeaky Carts

It seems like I always get the squeaky cart when I go shopping. ALWAYS! Last week I had one with a loud eeek that could be heard round the entire store. People would walk by and look at me as if they were annoyed... like it was MY fault!? I would have gotten rid of it but I was already half way done shopping and was in a hurry and didn't want to take the time to transfer all my stuff into a new cart. Instead, I looked the other way, ignored the stares, acted like the noise didn't bother me, and finished my shopping. SO the other day when we went to Target (Jack and I) and we got ANOTHER squeaky cart I was really annoyed (why is it that you don't notice the squeak right away?)... until, as we were walking out to the car, Jack started dancing to the beat of the squeak... (something he does whenever he hears any kind of beat i.e. the washing machine, so funny..). He made me smile and feel very grateful for that squeaky cart.

2 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

That is so cute. Those are the stories/thoughts you'll want to remember so good job writing it down!!! What a cutie that Jack is!!

Jeff and Kristy said...

I feel like I always get the cart with a bump in it. You know, when you push it and every time the wheel rolls around the whole card bumps. Jack does like to move it, so cute!