Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baby Gift

I have been exploring many sewing blogs lately and have been really inspired.  There are so many very talented and creative people out there and I'm so grateful to the blogging world for making them available to me.  I could spend hours upon hours looking through them and I now have several things on my project list of things I want to try.


The first thing I made were these cute little pants made from old t-shirts (or new which is what I did).  The how-to I found on this blog.  I added little pockets to the back by removing the pocket from the t-shirt.
The next thing I did was make this hat.  The patten was found on Martha Stewart but I saw it made on this site.
I then toyed with doing several different things with the onsie and decided on doing an applique of a sailboat.  I drew out the picture on some paper and then traced it onto the material.  This was my first attempt at applique as well.  I was a little nervous because you really only get one try.
I decided to add sleeves to the short sleeve onsie because my original plan was to do a long sleeve shirt with this outfit.  I accidently bought a short sleeve shirt (it was in a package) and didn't want to take the time to return it.  I remembered I saw on another blog a how-to on how to add sleeves to a shirt and so I figured it was worth a try.  It was REALLY hard and frustrating.  I wish someone new an easier way to do this.  If you do, let me know!
The fabric came from this t-shirt I picked up at Target on sale for $2.  (I actually bought 2 just incase I needed it, I'm glad I did.... I made a few mistakes along the way).





Here is the finished outfit modeled on my sweet little Kate.  This was a gift to my sister in-law who just had her second little boy!

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh I'm in LOVE! I'm so doing those t shirt pants! SO CUTE! Teach me, Cindy!

Eric and Jackie said...

That turned out REALLY cute Cindy, good job! I love the added sleeves and the hat!

Jen said...

This is so cute. Austin is going to look darling in it!

Jeff and Kristy said...

You are really talented. Kate's Halloween costume is SO cute.