Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Kite Runner

Last night I finished the book titled, The Kite Runner. When I was through, Jared asked, "Did you love it?" I wasn't really sure how to respond. I DID really like the book, but it was really sad too. In fact, at one point I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue reading. I was getting really upset. However, I did continue reading because at that point I was very intriged. By the end of the book, I did feel better, but it's definatley not a feel good light read. But... I liked it. I like books and movies that are a little unsettleing, ones that make me cry (I guess I'm weird in that way). It's good to think about things outside this comfortable little world that I'm a part of. So, I would recommend this book with a word of caution: you may be a little taken back by some of the subject matter. For those of you who aren't readers, the movie (you can watch the trailer here) by the same name has just recently been released. It's on MY list of must sees!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

Cindy I might have to check that one out! I too like a good cry now and again...