Kate Elizabeth was born on Wednesday June 24th at 6:32am. I started going into labor around 1:30 that morning. I was laying in bed for about an hour trying to decide if I was really in labor. I didn't want to go to the hospital in the middle of the night so I was hoping I wasn't. By 3:00 I was pretty sure that I was in labor so I woke Jared from a sound sleep. We arrived to the hospital around 4am and by that time the contractions were pretty intense and coming about every 3-4 min. 2 1/2 hours later Kate was born! This was another really fast labor/fast delivery for me. Jack was just about as fast (he was born 2 hours after we arrived to the hospital). The nurses were all surprised at how quick it was and again I was ready to push but had to wait 25min for my Dr. to arrive. Because it was so early in the morning, only my mom and Jared were with me (also like Jack's delivery), - we had lots of visitors after. We came home the next day around 3 o'clock. I missed Jack and hated being away from him. He did come to visit several times and after the first initial shock he was always pretty excited to see his little sister. He is SO interested in her. He wants to give her kisses and hugs all the time! This makes me pretty happy because I've been worried how this was going to affect him. It's all good so far and we've had a couple days to get adjusted as a family.Kate is a beautiful little girl and seems to be really easy going so far. We love her and are so grateful to have her. I can't wait to find out what's inside that little spirit of hers. We have been so blessed!





11 comments:
Congratulations! girls are so fun, it feels like you're playing dress-up with a doll, the girl clothes are so fun to pick out and put on them! lucky you, glad you had an easy delivery. (i was in labor for hours and had to do a c-section, plus she was very big, 10lbs!) Have fun!
She is so cute. It was fun seeing you for a little today, sorry we were gone. You'll have to come again this week for some more swimming!
Oh she's so beautiful! I'm so happy for you! I want to meet her in person!
Congrats Cindy! I'm glad the labor was fast and that you sprang back so well. How are you feeling now?
Wow look at all her dark hair! And Jack's hair is so blonde now! He looks like the perfect big brother. And you look so wonderful! Did you end up with an epidural? I'm so glad the labor went so quickly!!! Sounds awesome! I want all the details! If you're ever in the mood to talk about your birth story call me! :) So happy your baby girl is here and you guys are all doing well!!!!!
She's so amazing - I'm glad she's finally here. I can't wait to meet her in person!
I can't believe there is another member in your family. She is so beautiful... I love all that dark hair!! I am imagining Jack loving Kate like he did with Annie. Your pictures are so sweet. I can't wait to see you guys!
Baby Kate is beautiful! I am so happy that all went well with her arrival. Good luck with everything.
Love ya tons!
Congrats. Beautiful baby.
Congrats!! I've been waiting for this post to see when your newest addition was coming. She is beautiful. Good luck with everything, I'm super excited for you!
She is so adorable, the pictures due her hair no justice, she was blessed with some amazing locks! I can't wait for her and Tessa to be BF's! Love you!
She is so beautiful! Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet her in person!! And I can't believe all that gorgeous hair!
Post a Comment